Physics is the fundamental and experimental science of matter, motion, and energy in the Universe around us. Physical laws are derived from practical experiments and observations. And their theoretical part is expressed using mathematical formulas, models, and variables. It is a rather complicated discipline to study for many students. They spend a lot of time on physics assignments. If you are one of them, then you can always get help with physics homework on special services. There you can find an expert in the subject who will quickly help you with assignments of any difficulty.
In this article, you will learn how to quickly understand physics and even how to learn physics from scratch. It will also be useful for a student to find out in which industries and modern professions knowledge of this subject is necessary and how to successfully pass the exam in physics.
What sectionals are physical science consists of?
In general, the science of the forms and modes of existence of matter consists of two main subsections – macrophysics and microphysics. Microscopic physics studies objects that cannot be seen with the naked eye (elementary particles, atoms, molecules, electrons). Macrophysics, as an object of study, considers the properties and phenomena related to bodies familiar to humans and large sizes (planets, asteroids).
Why study physics? In what areas of activities is physical knowledge used?
We encounter the laws of physics in everyday life and when solving practical life issues. In particular, knowledge of the processes of speed and acceleration, friction, and braking is directly related to the safety of the driver and the rules of the road. When planning to purchase alpine skis, it is necessary to take into account the friction force and other physical parameters. The knowledge of poor thermal conductivity of air is based on the use of porous materials for thermal insulation of housing. And such examples are countless.
Physics is directly related to energy, metallurgy, construction, architecture, IT, aviation and rocketry, mechanical engineering and instrument making, mining, engineering, science, and medicine. Pay attention to the areas of education and areas of training in universities for which you will need physics as a core subject:
- pedagogy (teacher of mathematics, physics, computer science)
- mathematics and statistics
- information technology
- land management
- water resources and water use
- hygiene and labor protection at work
- fire safety
- standardization, certification, and metrology
- architecture and construction
- production of materials
- physical and chemical sciences.
Physics from scratch: how to study physics yourself?
The proposed recommendations are suitable for both schoolchildren and adults who want to study physics. We warn you right away that this is not easy and that a lot of mental effort and perseverance will be required from you. Learning physics from scratch involves following a clear, methodologically sound timetable. Before starting your school physics course, read the advice of experienced tutors.
- Start with mechanics, then move on to the basics of thermodynamics and molecular kinetic theory. After reviewing these sections, move on to electricity, optics, quantum mechanics, and nuclear theory.
- Choose the line of tutorials available for your level. And also, you will need collections of problems with an analysis of their solutions.
- Answer the questions and solve the tasks after studying a specific topic.
- Perform laboratory work.
- Make your own reference book of concepts and formulas, where you will write concise definitions and formulas for each topic.
- Studying a physics course, you cannot do without a certain mathematical background. Physics and mathematics have a lot of common definitions, designations, and formulas.
- Be sure to find videos with physical experiments on YouTube. Review and outline them according to the diagram: What phenomenon was observed? What physical law does it correspond to? What formula is used? What are the causal relationships?
- When solving problems, the main rule is to draw up the correct calculation algorithm and solution principles. To understand the correct course of action, look for an analogue of a problem with a detailed analysis.
How to prepare for the exam in physics
When preparing for testing, you should start by solving mock tests with automated validation and error reporting. Based on the solution of several options of tests, it is possible to determine the topics and types of problems with which difficulties are observed. This way, you can make a preparation plan and work purposefully.
When performing various tasks, consider the following typical mistakes that students often make:
- computational errors
- errors in solving the simplest equations
- lack of knowledge of mathematical formulas
- inability to work with vectors
- ignorance or misunderstanding of physical laws and formulas.
It is better to prepare for the exam every day, performing at least 2-3 practical tasks from different sections. Repeat laws and rules with the observation of practical experiments or at least visual illustrations of natural processes.
Hot to learn physics quickly and prepare for the exam with the help of a tutor?
There are several methods of studying a subject if you decide to do it with a teacher. Here are the most effective ones:
- physics courses for adults – online and face-to-face ones
- courses for school children
- physics tutor.
The earlier you start studying, the faster you will learn physics. A tutor is the most effective way to learn and prepare for exams quickly. The advantages of classes with a private teacher are obvious:
- a personal approach, taking into account the intellectual abilities of the student and the goal of learning
- a training program specially designed by a tutor
- the ability to receive a detailed explanation of the theory
- the tutor helps to quickly and effectively eliminate mistakes
- training in logical thinking
- clarification through experiments, illustrative examples.
Individual lessons in physics, as a rule, contain many applied tasks. The specialist will not only teach you how to quickly solve problems and understand the formulas but will also be able to prepare you for the successful passing of the exam and admission to a university for a specialized specialty.
As a multifaceted science, physics requires careful and complex study. But just sitting over textbooks, solving problems day after day cannot be the key to success or the secret of studying physics. You must delve into science, love it, and then success is guaranteed to you.