If you are trying to keep your employees healthy, protect your customers, and keep your business open during these trying times, using a COVID-19 screening form is one of the best ways that you can keep your employees safe, limit the spread of the virus, and follow health regulations. Not only will a COVID-19 screen form make your employees more trusting in your business and your leadership style, but you can speak to the workers about the importance of health practices in the workplace such as avoiding coming into work if you are symptomatic, wearing a mask at all times, and getting vaccinated).
But what is a COVID-19 screening form? How does it differ from simply COVID testing by using an antigen test or PCR test? Let’s find out more about when to use the COVID-19 screening form and how it can be helpful for your business:
What is a COVID-19 screening form?
- In short, the COVID-19 screening form is a type of questionnaire that you can use with your employees to fill out so you can see if anyone is symptomatic or has come in contact with someone who has/had COVID. By filling out the screening form, you can keep track of who has been in contact with a suspected person with COVID-19, what steps you might need to take in your business to stop the spread, and the symptoms currently experienced by any employees.
- Using the COVID-19 screening form includes filling out all current symptoms the employee is currently experiencing, the date of the onset of symptoms, the date of contact of another COVID-19 exposed person, and the current test results.
How does the COVID-19 screening form differ from COVID testing?
- In relation to COVID testing, which can either be done typically by antigen testing or PCR testing, you will find that using the COVID-19 screening form is used for employees who may not have symptoms but who have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19.
What are the symptoms of COVID?
- When using the COVID-19 screening form, the individuals will fill out symptoms they are experiencing – although everyone reacts differently, the most common symptoms of COVID-19 include shortness of breath, fatigue, loss of taste, loss of smell, and flu-like symptoms.
How can screening tools help businesses keep employees healthy?
- By identifying who might have COVID-19 and who may have been exposed to COVID-19 contact, you can figure out the best steps to take for your business (whether it be to shut down the business for a few days, get all the employees tests, socially isolated at home, quarantined for 14 days, etc).
Using a COVID-19 screening form is one of the best ways that you can keep your employees healthy, avoid any outbreaks at work, and ensure that you take care of anyone who has symptoms of COVID-19. By following CDC measures, hygiene guidelines, and social distancing, businesses can reduce the spread of COVID-19 and do their part in helping end this pandemic.