Expensive brands like juice wrld merch and labels are great, no one is saying they aren’t. But did you know that there are many ways to make your wardrobe look like it’s worth a million bucks without spending a ton of money? Here are some easy ways to improve your wardrobe without breaking the bank:
* * *
- Stop wearing fast fashion! Fast fashion is what you find in stores like H&M and Forever 21, and while their styles may be cheap, the quality certainly isn’t (also, most of them don’t even last one wear). Instead, go for pieces by high-end designers who use sustainable fabrics and responsibly-sourced materials. These clothes might cost a little more up front but will last so much longer that it’ll be a bargain in the long run.
- Don’t just buy what’s on trend! Trends come and go, so buying pieces that are trendy right now may seem like a good idea, but eventually something new will come around and you’ll have nothing to wear with your super cool piece from last season. Instead, invest in timeless basics such as black pants, white V-neck bad bunny merch tees, dark-wash denim jeans, and basic blazers. These items can be worn forever if you take care of them well.
- Buy shoes that will last! This one’s especially important for women who love to shop shoes – do not skimp out here ladies! It is an must to spend a little more money on shoes that are made of high-quality materials if you want them to last. You can avoid cheaply-made shoes by staying away from less reputable brands and instead investing in something by a designer with a great reputation, such as Christian Louboutin or Prada.
- Know your body type! If you know that you have large breasts then you should look for tops that will compliment them. On the other hand, if you’re petite then buying clothing with an oversized fit will make you seem even smaller than usual (and not in a cute way). Invest in items that enhance your assets and de-emphasize those that don’t work as well.
- be careful when comes to accessories! This is especially true for earrings since many cheaply-made pairs are made of low-quality materials that cause irritation to the ears. So, don’t skimp and buy nice gold diamond cluster earrings that will look great for any special occasion!
- Don’t buy multiples! Having too many of an item can make you seem stuck in a style rut which won’t help you grow your wardrobe at all. Every season invest in fewer pieces but purchase ones that will last and look good on you – this way whenever you do update your wardrobe it’ll be with items that fit your current style instead of just being another piece to sit in your closet unworn.
- Make sure clothes fit ! If they’re too big or too tight then you won’t look as good as you could. Nothing will make your overall look worse than a dress that’s too tight or pants that are too baggy.
- be selective! Only buy items that have a design you really love and can see yourself wearing for years to come. If the style isn’t something you’d be willing to wait in a long line for when it goes on sale, or if it doesn’t fit your personality at all, then don’t buy it! The point of building a wardrobe is to curate an image that closely reflects who you are as a person – so forget about wasting money on pieces that aren’t going to help you do this.
- Shop secondhand! Sites like eBay, Facebook marketplaces, and even your local thrift shops are great places to find high-quality designer clothing for bargain prices. Searching is always the hardest part but once you do find something that catches your eye then it’s all worth it!
- Get rid of clothes that don’t work! Create a “maybe” pile if you want to keep an item but aren’t completely sure yet, but if there’s anything in your closet that makes you feel uncomfortable when wearing it or was never flattering in the first place then get rid of it immediately! It may not seem like much now, but keeping these items will only set you up for more wardrobe regrets down the road when they’re just taking up space in your dresser.
You can create a timeless wardrobe by incorporating trends in your own unique way. What kind of outfit do you want to wear this week? Here are some tips for building an affordable and trendy look that will last!